Thursday, June 14, 2007

Contest Submission: Flashy Fish

A couple months ago I entered a Stampin' Up! Artisan Award contest for demos... well a couple weeks ago I found out that I did not win... boo hoo :( However I really like the projects that I sent in so I will share them with you anyways.

The Flashy Fish card is just one of ten projects that I had to create and send in; five cards, three scrapbook pages and two 3D objects. Over the next couple of weeks I will share the rest of the projects with you, but for now here is the first one!

Some quick notes on creating the card: First off I stamped the fish and trimmed them. Then I colored the fish with watercolor crayons (blending the colors a little with a blender pen) and applied VersaMark to the entire fish and coated with Heat n' Stick powder. Next I heated the fish with a heat gun until the powder was melted and sticky and quickly while still sticky I coated the fish a second time with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Finally I gave the fish a quick blast with the heat gun a second time to set the glitter. A bit of work but they turned out really nice and quite flashy! Too bad the fish are retiring this year, glad I got 'em while they were available.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Fishy friends stamp set (retiring June 30th), It's Your Birthday stamp set; Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set; Spot On jumbo wheel; Brilliant Blue, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal cardstock; Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Basic Black and VersaMark stamp pads; black gingham ribbon; Heat n' Stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter; watercolor wonder crayons and blender pens; heat gun.

P.S. "demos" is short for demonstrators. I needed to abbreviate cause there wasn't room to display the full word. It made the post look a little wonky.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't win, but your fishy card IS cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, it is great and so is this card and the others I see, will have to add you to my Daily Reader list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)