Saturday, June 16, 2007

Going on a trip...

My friend Cammy and I are taking a trip to Europe soon and I thought it would be nice to have journals to take with us so we can jot down notes on all the sites that we see. I know from prior trips that by the end everything begins to run together and it is really nice to have some notes to refer back to (that and I tend to forget names of things!). I finished Cammy's last night and it turned out really neat. I'm quite happy with it!



I cut medium weight chipboard to 6.25" x 9.5" and then covered with Sentimental Journey designer paper. The journal pages are 5.5" x 8.5" pieces of Naturals White, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue and True Thyme cardstock. I also used five 6" x 9" manila envelopes... one for each destination. These can hold any brochures, postcards or other little things... so they don't get misplaced. Once all the pages were cut I used my Bind-It-All and 1" O-wires to fasten it all together. After that I added some decoration to the cover. Then stamped each journal page with a date and the manila envelopes with location names. And since I was on a roll I took a Pentel RSVP pen and inserted a coordinating strip of paper into the barrel so it matched the journal. Whew! One down and one to go! :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Typeset Lowercase Alphabet stamp set; Typeset Numbers stamp set; Rough Edges Alphabet stamp set; Letterpress Alphabet stamp set; Naturals White, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, True Thyme, Sahara Sand, Baroque Burgundy, Apricot Appeal cardstock; Baroque Burgundy, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Close To Cocoa, True Thyme, Marigold Morning, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip stamp pads; Crystal Effects (only on "CAMMY"); pewter Hodgepodge hardware, Prep School Ribbon Originals and white wide organdy ribbon; 8.5" x 11" medium weight chipboard; manila enveopes; Pentel RSVP pen; Zutter Bind-It-All and 1" O-wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)