Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How Fabulous Flowers

I was in a purple mood tonight and this is what I came up with. I'm trying to make a bunch of more generic themed cards that I can send to anyone for any reason... especially since my secret stash of cards is being dominated by thank you and happy birthday cards. Those don't really work when you want to send a "Hey, how ya doing" kind of card. So what shall I do? Make more cards for the ever growing collection that is my not-so-secret stash of cards!

Quick Notes: I stamped the main image in black StazOn ink and then traced the image with a white gel pen. I then used a sponge and Vintage Violet ink to distress the edges of the main image and the vintage violet background. I just had an ohhhhh moment as I was posting this: adding some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the flower centers would make this card even more fabulous. :) I do like my glitter! Maybe I'll go back and do that later.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Because of You stamp set; Amazing to Zany stamp set; Almost Amethyst, Basic Black, Vintage Violet and Naturals White cardstock; Black StazOn and Vintage Violet stamp pads; white gel pen; Word Window punch; Pewter Hodgepodge hardware; wedge of sponge; Black Gingham ribbon and silver cord.

** Edited: uploaded a better picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)