Friday, June 22, 2007

No sentiment needed...

I challenged myself to create a card that does not use a sentiment... this was really difficult for me! I feel compelled to have words on my cards... and it is really hard to resist that urge! But I did it! However I may have over-compensated for the lack of words :) First there was the glitter and then there was the ribbon and finally a few brads... but NO WORDS.

Quick notes: the flower was colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I then used a blender pen to smooth out the crayon lines. I used a Sakura Quickie Glue pen to dot the vines with glue and adhere dazzling diamonds. I did some piercing on the True Thyme accent piece and added a few brads.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Doodle This stamp set; Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand and True Thyme cardstock; Certainly Celery designer prints paper; Basic Black stamp pad; Regal Rose and Always Artichoke Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Blender Pens; White gel pen; Sakura Quickie Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds; mat pack and paper piercer; white narrow organdy ribbon; Stampin' dimensionals; silver brads.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't over compensate. This card is absolutely beautiful. You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)