Friday, July 20, 2007

After my nap...

Okay, I don't usually take naps but I was very tired... so I took a quick snooze, made a bite to eat and then got busy stamping. I made four (that's not a typo!) cards tonight with my new stamps, ribbons and pretties kit. That is some serious stamping for me. I know you want to see all of them but I'm only going to post two of them tonight. Yeah, I am being evil and making you wait to see the rest of them until this weekend. Heh heh heh.

The first card is a cat card... I could not resist ordering the new Here Kitty stamp set and after using it tonight I have no regrets making it one of first new catalog purchases.

Quick notes: the cat was stamped with Black StazOn on Naturals Ivory cardstock and then watercolored using Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip watercolor wonder crayons and a blender pen (WWCs for future reference). I then stamped the hat and mouse on Whisper White cardstock and used Taken With Teal, Garden Green, Cameo Coral and More Mustard WWCs to color the images. The hat was cut out with paper snips and the mouse was punched out with the 3/4" circle punch. They were then adhered to the cat using Stampin' dimensionals. Next the sentiment "happy birthday from the cat" was stamped repeatedly on a piece of Purely Pomegranate cardstock in Close to Cocoa.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Here Kitty stamp set; Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory and Whisper White cardstock; Black StazOn and Close to Cocoa stamp pads; Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, Garden Green, Cameo Coral and More Mustard WWCs; Blender Pen; 3/4" circle punch; Purely Pomegranate double stitched grosgrain ribbon; Stampin' dimensionals.

The second card used one of the flowers from the new Pretties Kit which includes flowers, beads, hat pins, rhinestone brads... it is great. I'm actually amazed that I used pieces from it instead of hoarding them forever, unwilling to part with them. It took me months before I could use more than the brads from my hodgepodge hardware.

I "dyed" the flower using Cameo Coral and Purely Pomegranate inks. By dyed, I mean that I squashed the white flower against the stamp pad to soak up color. A little messy but I like the results and it gets easier with practice (hint... guess what you will see more of tomorrow!).

Quick Notes: you may not see it, but I added a little glitter to parts of the Baroque Motifs flourish using a Sakura Quickie Glue pen. There is also sponging on the edges of the Pretty in Pink cardstock (Cameo Coral ink) and paper piercing on two of the corners. The card dimensions are 4.25" x 4.25".

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Baroque Motifs stamp set; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Cameo Coral, Purely Pomegranate and Pretty in Pink cardstock; Purely Pomegranate, Cameo Coral and Black StazOn stamp pads; Pretties Kit; Sakura Quickie Glue pen (purchased at Michael's) and Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; Paper pierce and mat pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)