Monday, July 30, 2007

Double your fun!

I did something different with this card and used the main image twice! And lots of different ribbon... yummy (I can't help drooling over ribbon... it's an addiction)! Of course the new designer paper is also delicious and the punch is a must-have. If only I had more time to stamp! However my dad is visiting and we are doing some work on the landscaping, so I'm busy with that, although I can sneak in a few minutes to stamp here and there :). If that isn't enough to keep me busy, I still haven't seen the latest Harry Potter movie or read the final book. I've had the book over a week and have not read a single page. That is so bad of me, but I know once I start reading I will not be able to put the book down so I have to wait until I have a big chunk of free time. Maybe in a week or two :). Or who knows, it might pour rain this weekend and I won't be able to weed (oh, what a loss that would be!).

Quick notes: The Blue Bayou background layer, both Soft Sky scalloped circles and the linen tape were all sponged with Blue Bayou ink. I used two layers of foam dimensionals when adhering the right side of the scalloped circles to compensate for the thickness of the ribbon and the fact that the Blue Bayou background layer had also been adhered with dimensionals. Other than that it was actually a very simple card. Enjoy!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Figures of Speech stamp set; River Rock, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and whisper white cardstock; Porcelain Prints designer series paper; Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, River Rock and Black StazOn ink pads; Blender Pens; Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware; Blue Bayou double-stitched grosgrain ribbon; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; Linen Tape; Scallop Edged Circle Punch; 1 3/8" Circle Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)