Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Adventures in Watercoloring

I decided to try my hand at watercoloring with Aqua Painters and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I stamped the pumpkin and squash from Autumn Harvest in Timber Brown StazOn. Then colored the image with the crayons and used the Aqua Painters to blend the colors. Spotlighting with more crayon on the shadowy parts of the pumpkin. In particular I used the following coloring scheme:
  • Pumpkin: Pumpkin Pie
  • Pumpkin Shadowy Parts: Really Rust
  • Squash: Summer Sun
  • Stems: Garden Green
I also used a little of Not Quite Navy to create a shadow around the bottoms of the vegetables (or are they fruit?).

Then I used the Polished Stone technique on glossy cardstock to create a colorful background. For the colors I used Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red and Cameo Coral.

Then I spruced it up with some punching, brads and ribbon.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Autumn Harvest stamp set (Holiday '07 Mini Catalog); Curvy Verses stamp set; Old Olive, Ruby Red, More Mustard and Glossy Cardstock; Timber Brown StazOn; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Aqua Painters; Soft Subtles brads; Ticket Corner punch; Stampin' Dimensionals; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; 140-lb cold pressed watercolor paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)