Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cherish Box

So while I was shopping last weekend I found a little paper mache box (5" x 5") that I just had to have because of it's cute scalloped edged top. Of course, it didn't hurt that the box only cost a dollar. This might be shocking but I did restrain myself and only bought one of them. :)

Last night I finally had a chance to pull out the box and decorate it. I used the Baroque Motifs stamp set and some of the lovely Porcelain Prints Designer Series paper. I started off by covering the box and lid with the paper and using a sanding block to distress all of the edges. I stamped the larger flower in Soft Sky ink, the small flower in Blue Bayou and the leaves in Wild Wasabi on Shimmery White cardstock. After that I stamped the large flourish stamp in VersaMark on top of the flower images I had just stamped, coated with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat embossed. This was to add some extra sparkle (I do like my glitter!). I also stamped and embossed the flourish on the Blue Bayou cardstock (more sparkle).

Then I trimmed the larger flowers and leaves with paper snips and used the 1/2" circle punch to punch out the Blue Bayou center flowers. On a scrap I stamped "cherish" with blue bayou and punched it out with the Word Window punch (it just fits). The Blue Bayou embossed piece was matted on Wild Wasabi with a piece of the fuzzy green ribbon from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals used as an accent. The flowers were assembled using clear crystal brads from the Pretties Kit as the centers and dimensionals to adhere them and the "cherish" sentiment to the Blue Bayou cardstock. Finally the matted main image was placed on the box lid with more dimensionals and small white half pearls (also from the Pretties Kit) where adhered to the corners of the main image and the center of each scallop. Whew, all done! All right, I'll be honest... it actually was quite quick to make this little box. I know you don't believe me, but it was! :)

* Edited to fix a spelling error and I also wanted to add that the paper mache box was purchased at Wal-Mart.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Baroque Motifs stamp set; Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi and Shimmery White cardstock; Porcelain Prints Designer Series paper; Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky and VersaMark ink pads; 1/2" circle and Word Window punches; Pretties Kit; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Stampin' dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)