Thursday, August 16, 2007

Christmas cards in August?!

What can I be thinking? Maybe that I will not only make cards but mail them this year! Yes, I have done that... made the cards and then realized it was the 22nd and I had not mailed them yet (much less addressed the envelopes!). Or maybe I am wishing for some cooler weather... the heat wave the past two weeks was crazy.

But regardless of what caused the urge, I did make a Holiday Card and here it is. It uses the new Big on Christmas stamp set and turned out really nice. Yes, I really like this one and it would make a great card to send to family and friends. Of course I have put it out there for the whole world to see... but maybe everyone will have forgotten by Christmas and it will be a surprise. Maybe :)

Quick notes: I stamped the main image twice, once on Bordering Blue and then again on Naturals White. I watercolored the second tree image with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and blender pens. Then I added a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the ornaments and star (gotta make the star shine!). Next I cut the tree out and adhered it over the tree stamped on the Bordering Blue piece of cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also sponged the edges of the Bordering Blue cardstock with Blue Bayou ink. P.S. I used two colors of green to color the tree to give it the shaded look (Garden Green and Mellow Moss).

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Big on Christmas stamp set; Rough Texture jumbo wheel; Sage Shadow, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Bordering Blue and Naturals White cardstock; Wintergreen Designer Series paper; Black StazOn and Sage Shadow ink pads; Watercolor Wonder crayons; Blender Pens; Ticket corner punch; Mat pack and paper piercer; Pewter HodgePodge Hardware; Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon; Stampin' dimensionals; Glue Dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)