Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's Pink!

I have to admit that for someone who says she is not a big fan of pink... I do make quite a few pink cards! :) I had a lot of fun making this slider card the other night using the new Holiday Blitz stamp set. Despite what the name implies there are actually quite a few everyday stamps in this set (eg. the flower and smiley stamps I used).

This second pic is of the card with the slider pulled all the way out.

When you pulling on the ribbon not only does the Naturals Ivory piece pull out but a second piece of Rose Red cardstock does too. Sort of a two for the price of one feature. :)

Quick notes: Click here to read a tutorial on making double slider cards. I didn't follow the tutorial exactly to make my card but the principles are the same. I basically made a slider and then adhered it to the front of a card, so I can still open my card and write something inside.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Holiday Blitz stamp set; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Flannel Plaid background stamp Small Sayings stamp set (retired); Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink and Naturals Ivory cardstock; Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink and Black StazOn ink Pads; 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch; 3/4" circle punch; Word Window punch; Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon; Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon; Vintage brads; Stampin dimenstionals and Sticky Strip; staple.

For those of you who make one of these cards you will have to let me know! I'm interested in seeing your take on the double-slider cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)