Sunday, August 19, 2007

Show me the bling!

So what did I do this weekend? I started Saturday off by loading my Jeep with yard waste (weeds, brush and the works). It was quite messy and now the back of my Jeep is quite grody! Note to self, take Jeep to car wash and vacuum. Then I drove to JCPenney's to get a hair cut at the salon. Sadly I arrived a bit early which meant I HAD to pass the time by shopping (hello shoes and ohhhh I gotta have that purse!). And the new do? Let's just say that by the time the sylist was done cutting there was more hair on the floor than on my head... he he he. Yes, I like it :) Then it was off to do more shopping including a trip to Lowe's (which is never good!). Which brings me to the TASK. The TASK that I really did not want to do. Staining the Deck (gag, yack, blech). Can you tell that I really did not want to do this? 4 hours working on the deck... railing, more railing and yup another dose of railing. Only 4 hours because it started to rain a little which put an end to the staining. Hopefully the tarps and stuff I put over the sections I just worked on did the job and I don't have to re-stain those pieces (insert lots of grumbling here). I figure that I have about 4 hours or more of staining still to do (sigh).

At this point you are probably wondering why I have brought this all up in my post. Well, all the gross tasks (not including the fun shopping and haircut) I had to do made me want to make something really fun and girly. Enough with the nasty dirty stuff, I want some bling... and my favorite bling is Dazzling Diamonds glitter. After cleaning up I played with making some card candy that sparkles and looks so good it could be edible. But it isn't! So don't eat the card. Seriously, quit licking the screen. Sadly, the pictures I took do not do the cards justice. They have much more sparkle in real life. How do I make my accents sparkle like a diamond?
  1. Coat item with VersaMark ink. I do this by squashing the item into my VersaMark pad.
  2. Cover with Heat N Stick powder. I just open the container and dump it over the item. For easy cleanup do this over a Powder Pal tray.
  3. Heat the item with a Heat Gun to melt the powder.
  4. Now pour Dazzling Diamonds over the coated sticky item. Again the Powder Pals are handy.
  5. Give the item another quick zap with the Heat Gun to set the glitter.
The first item that I candied was one of the medium sized flowers from the Pretties Kit. It turned out so nice, especially with one of the clear crystal brads in the middle. Just a note, I dyed the flower first with Apricot Appeal ink applied with a Sponge Dauber.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Baroque Motifs stamp set; Letterpress Alphabet set; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Apricot Appeal and Very Vanilla cardstock; Apricot Appeal, Groovy Guava and VersaMark ink pads; Pretties Kit; Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Heat N Stick powder; Word Window punch; 3/16" corner rounder punch; Stampin' Dimensionals; Sponge Dauber.

I had so much fun candying my first embellishment that I had to do another. This time I grabbed a ribbon slide/buckle thing from the Hodgepodge Hardware and candied it. The clean and simple layout of the first card appealed to me so much that I did the same with this card. The colors are a bit masculine although I am sure the glitter and ribbon negate this. Or at least I have been told that glitter does not belong on a card for a guy. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Letterpress Alphabet stamp set; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky and Naturals Ivory cardstock; Wintergreen Designer Series paper; Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip and VersaMark ink pads; Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware; Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon; Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Heat N Stick powder; 3/16" corner rounder punch; Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)