Thursday, August 30, 2007

What to do with that wide ribbon?

I have to admit that the wide Barely Banana ribbon from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals has been giving me a headache. I just could not figure out a use for it that I liked. I tried knotting it but that was just too bulky. It was too overwhelming as a flag (when you take a little piece and fold it in half and staple to the card as an accent)... at least for me. I even tried layering another piece of ribbon over it... but no go. After all this folding and knotting and twisting (I gave it a good Yoga workout.. he he he) I ended up just layering it over a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock... and that I liked (a lot)... :)

Quick Notes: stamp the flower branch thingee from Garden Silhouettes in VersaMark ink on Certainly Celery cardstock and emboss with Winter White Embossing Powder. Then sponge Wild Wasabi ink over the image with a Sponge Dauber. The embossed portion resists taking the ink and remains white. Also sponge a little chocolate chip on the edges of the Certainly Celery piece. The Barely Banana striped ribbon is layered on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock with the ends glued under (no frayed ends in sight!). With Chocolate Chip Classic ink stamp the "Hello" from Fundamental Phrases on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out using the Pewter label holder as a guide. Adhere all elements to a Close to Cocoa cardbase and accessorize with Pewter Hodgepodge harware.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Garden Silhouettes stamp set; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla cardstock; VersaMark; Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip Classic ink pads; Winter White Embossing Powder; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware; Stampin' Dimensionals and Glue Dots. Tools: Heat Gun, Paper Piercer and Sponge Daubers.

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)