Sunday, September 9, 2007

Batty for You treats

While waiting for the dealership to check out my Jeep on Friday I spent a little time in the local scrapbook store... one of the items that I bought was Black Velvet ribbon by May Arts. When I had time this weekend to sit and do some stamping this ribbon was just begging to be used... and what better use than a Halloween card! The card was so much fun to make that I just had to use my Batty for You stamp set again. However I didn't want to make another card so I broke into my stash of items that I have for altering and picked out the little jar.

Quick notes on the card: Dimensions are 4.25" x 4.25". The layout of the card was inspired by Beate's weekend sketch challenge. The background piece is Certainly Celery Prints Designer Series paper that I made more Halloween-ish by stamping the pumpkin face from Holiday Blitz in Old Olive. Then I roughed it up a bit by inking my Rough Edges jumbo wheel with Old Olive and running that over the paper. Finally I sponged the edges of both the background piece and the More Mustard piece with Old Olive. The ghostee with the mostest just begged for some flash, so after tinting him with a bit of Soft Sky ink I outlined him with my Sakura Stardust glitter pen. For even more pizazz I added a couple of small crystal brads from the Pretties Kit to the sentiment. P.S. I used a lot of dimensionals when adhereing the layers... :)

Close-up of the Ghost so you can see the glitter.

Most images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Batty For You stamp set; Holiday Blitz stamp set; Rough Edges Jumbo Wheel; Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, More Mustard and Shimmery White cardstock; Certainly Celery Prints Designer Series paper; Old Olive and Soft Sky Classic ink pads; Noir Palette Hybrid ink pad; Small Clear Crystal Brads from the Pretties Kit; Black Velvet Ribbon by May Arts; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; Stampin' Dimensionals. Happy Halloween stamp by Studio G (purchased at JoAnn's). Tools used: 1/16" handheld circle punch; 1 1/4" circle punch; 1 3/8" circle punch.

Quick notes on the Jar: The cardstock was adhered to the jar using Sticky Strip (love this stuff... it is super strong). I used my much neglected paper crimper on the More Mustard strip to add some texture.

The first image had the jar filled with raffia but then I remembered the candy I bought for my bucket at work... and the tootsie rolls fit in the jar perfectly, well... after I ate one of them of course! I also thought it would be neat to take a tall taper candle and use the jar as a candle holder. Sadly I did not have any tapers on hand or I would have taken a picture.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Batty for You stamp set; Basic Black, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi and Shimmery White cardstock; Black and Mellow Moss gingham ribbons; Sticky Strip; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: paper crimper, scallop circle punch; 1 1/4" circle punch; 1 3/8" circle punch.

1 comment:

  1. that is so adorable! Love the card and the bottle!
    Thanks so much for playing with the sketch
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)