Sunday, September 23, 2007

WSC With a Little Cracked Glass

Beate posted another great Weekend Sketch Challenge on her blog: Fresh and Fun. So I had to take a few minutes and make a card using the sketch. I also wanted to play with the Cracked Glass technique a bit more so I combined the two and came up with this card.

Quick notes: the main panel is a 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" square of Bashful Blue cardstock. First I stamped snowflakes from the Snowflake Spot in Whisper White Craft ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder (gives it a bit of sparkle which is good stuff). I applied a little Bashful Blue ink around the snowflakes with a sponge just to highlight them a little more. Next I stamped several smaller snowfalkes in Bashful Blue and stamped the spotted background stamp from the set in Bordering Blue Classic ink. Then I used the Cracked Glass technique over all of that. Lastly I matted the whole she-bang on a piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock but after I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip Classic cardstock. Sounds like a lot of work but it really wasn't. Especially since I did several of these squares at the same time so I would have extras for future projects.

For the second panel I used the small corner rounder to create the scalloped edge on both the Wintergreen DSP and Chocolate Chip cardstock. Next I sponged all edges with Chocolate Chip Classic ink and added some paper piercing to the upper right corner. The third and final panel is a piece of Rose Red cardstock whose edges (again) were sponged in Chocolate Chip. I also added some paper piercing to finish the look. Then added some hodgepodge hardware and a little ribbon and the card was finished!

Here is an up close and personal look at the Cracked Glass. Plus you can see the Iridescent Ice glitter a bit better, not much but a bit. It is much more sparkly in person.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. All supplies used: The Snowflake Spot stamp set; So Many Sayings hostess stamp set; Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red and Bashful Blue cardstock; Wintergreen Designer Series Paper; Whisper White Craft ink; Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue and Chocolate Chip Classic Ink; VersaMark; Noir Palette Hybrid ink; Iridescent Ice and Glassy Glaze embossing powders; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; Brown/Turquoise May Arts ribbon; Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: mat pack, paper piercer, small corner rounder.

4 comments:

  1. This is abeautiful card, I love the cracked glass technique it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this turned out beautiful!
    Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the cracked glass with the snowflakes!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cracked glass technique! So that's what it's called!! :) I just did it for the first time about a week ago. WAY FUN!! I will have to try it how you did it. I LOVE glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)