Monday, September 10, 2007

A Chocolate-y Christmas Card

I can't be the only one who associates Christmas with chocolate... cookies and fudge and yummy gooey bars. Judy's Crinkle Cookies, Fantasy Fudge, Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip cookies... and on and on... I only made nine different treats last year... he he he. Anyways, I must have been in the mood for chocolate last night when I made this Christmas card because it is very chocolate-y!

The main image was stamped with Noir Hybrid Palette ink on Naturals White cardstock. I've been using this ink pad because my StazOn ink pad is in dire need of re-inking but I do not have a re-inker and I needed a waterproof ink. So this pad works... works very well actually. After stamping the image I colored the snowman with markers (Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Always Artichoke). I edged all of the letters and the snowman with Brocade Blue marker. I then used an Aqua Painter to shade the letters and snowman face with a tint of Brocade Blue. I then sponged the edges of the cardstock with Chocolate Chip, layered on Chocolate Chip and added brads to the corners. After the card was fully assembled I coated the snowman with a layer of Crystal Effects to add some dimension.

The Blue Bayou corner accents were a 1 1/4" square cut diagonally and sponged with Chocolate Chip Classic ink. I paper pierced the edges to add a little more texture.

The scalloped the edge of the Close to Cocoa background piece with my small corner rounder. I then stamped the snowflake from Holiday Blitz above every other scallop and punched a hole in the other scallops with my 1/16" hand held circle punch. Again I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip Classic ink. Then added a speckled look to the cardstock by using the stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds inked with Close to Cocoa Classic ink. Adhered all the layers and added a little Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon and the card was finished. Yum... all nice and chocolate-y!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Big On Christmas stamp set; Holiday Blitz stamp set; Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set; Noir Hybrid Palette ink pad; Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa stamp sets; Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Always Artichoke and Brocade Blue markers; Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Blue Bayou and Naturals White cardstock; Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon; Crystal Effects; Stampin' Dimensionals; Vintage Brads. Tools used: 1/16" handheld circle punch; 1 1/4" square punch; small corner rounder; paper piercer; mat pack.

2 comments:

  1. This is SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! I so want that stamp set!! The colors are just perfect and look so country like. I saw this posted on SCS and jumped over here to your blog. I'll be coming back to see more for sure :) And it's going into my fav's on SCS too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I as looking at criss-cross cards and was admiring your colors.. then hit your blog. It will be in my favorites. I love snowmen and yes chocolate!!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)