Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cracked Glass

I tried my hand at the Cracked Glass technique tonight and it was such fun. I will definitely have to play with it more. But here is my first attempt at Cracked Glass. Enjoy!

Oh, and I know that you want all details on how to duplicate this look. Well, here are the steps that I took to create the Cracked Glass look:

1. Select a piece of cardstock
2. Stamp images: I used Pale Plum (which was a little too light) and Perfect Plum to stamp flower parts from Pick A Petal. Then roughed it up a bit with the Sanded background stamp
3. Coat with VersaMark
4. Pour Glassy Glaze over the now sticky cardstock and shake off extra.
5. Heat with Heat Gun until melted.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 two more times or until you have a thick coating.
7. Place embossed cardstock in freezer for several minutes.
8. Remove from freezer and immediately start bending the cardstock and watch the cracks appear.
9. Add to card and embellish.

Here is a close-up so that you can see all of the cracks.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Pick A Petal stamp set; By Definition stamp set; Sanded background stamp; Perfect Plum, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White and Naturals White cardstock; Pale Plum and Perfect Plum Classic ink; Noir Palette Hybrid ink; Glassy Glaze embossing powder; Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon; Silver Brads; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: Heat Gun, paper piercer, mat pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)