Friday, September 7, 2007

Criss Cross Card

I cannot believe this, but it actually took me less than a week to find time to make the latest project posted to SplitCoastStampers: the Criss Cross Card. Yup, I'm sitting here in disbelief... wondering how this happened.

Okay, I'm picking myself off the floor and getting to the work at hand... explaining any steps that I think you might have questions about. Specifically... the flower. The tutorial I linked above should answer any other questions you have on assembling the card itself. If not, just let me know and I will try to answer your questions.

Notes on the flower: First I picked the largest flower from the Pretties Kit and dyed it with Summer Sun and Barely Banana Classic ink pads. I used a sponge dauber to apply the ink to the flower and then dried the flower using the Heat Tool. It was only a little damp but I didn't want the inks to stain the surrounding cardstock when I glued the flower to the card and I'm too impatient to let it air-dry. Next I punched a 1" circle of Soft Sky Prints Designer Series paper and adhered it to the middle of the flower. I then placed a large clear button over the middle and using the button holes as a guide I poked a two holes through the middle of the flower. The holes were a little rough and not very big so I used the 1/8" circle punch to enlarge them. Finally I realigned the button and sewed it on with Linen Thread.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Season of Joy stamp set; Amazing To Zany stamp set; Holiday Blitz stamp set; Gable Green, Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock; Soft Sky Prints Designer Series Paper; Soft Sky, Summer Sun, Barely Banana and Wild Wasabi Classic ink pads; Noir Palette Hybrid ink pad; Pretties Kit (crystal brads and the big flower); Sakura Stardust Glitter Pen; Clear buttons; Linen thread. Tools used: sponge daubers; 1/8" circle punch; Round Tab punch; 1" circle punch; Heat tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)