Monday, September 24, 2007

Genie Bag

I wanted to try my hand at making one of the Genie Bags from SplitCoastStamper's latest tutorial. Luckily I had some green craft bags on hand that my neighbor gave me a while back (Hi Penny!). Which worked out perfectly since I had some pumpkin faces sitting on my desk that I had stamped a week or so ago when playing with the Holiday Blitz stamp set.

Sadly I did not have any Halloween designer paper or even fall-colored paper... so I had to improvise and create my own! I used the Autumn Harvest stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog and stamped various images from the set on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I like how it turned out; subtle yet very Halloween-ish. Note: when stamping the pumpkin smiley in Going Gray I did stamp off once on scrap paper, otherwise the color would have been too strong. (And of course I could not resist the urge to sponge the edges of the cardstock with Close to Cocoa and use the Ticket Corner Punch on the corners.) Expect a few more of these bags from me in upcoming posts. I made a trip to Michael's today and picked up a pack of 12 white craft bags... woo hoo!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Holiday Blitz stamp set; Autumn Harvest stamp set; So Many Sayings hostess stamp set; Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla cardstock; Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, More Mustard, Going Gray and Close to Cocoa Classic ink; Noir Palette Hybrid ink; Stampin' dimensionals; sticky strip; small green craft bag; Black/Orange Halloween ribbon from Michael's. Tools used: 1" circle punch, ticket corner punch.

2 comments:

  1. luv the bag, very elegant from the cartoonish halloween..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the design, and it's nice that you created your own background paper for the project. I plan to do something similar for a papercrafting class I'm hosting after Thanksgiving, and I plan to use your idea on our genie bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)