Friday, September 28, 2007

Going Grey

I can't believe that I have waited this long to use the new Going Grey cardstock and ink... it is gorgeous! Don't worry I won't go overboard and use it on every single card I post in the next week... I might only use it on every other card! :)

Quick notes: card base is 5.25" x 10.5" folded in half. I cut a piece of Going Grey and wheeled it with So Swirly in Going Grey. Then used the ticket corner punch on all corners and sponged the edges in Going Grey. I then matted this on the card base. For the main image I stamped the flower from Vases in Vogue on the Certainly Celery Prints designer series paper. Then stamped the same flower and one of the vases on Whisper White cardstock. I used blender pens and Barely Banana and River Rock classic ink to color the vase and the Summer Sun marker to color the flower. I then cut them out and layered on the Certainly Celery cardstock. I wanted to add a little oomph to the image so I coated the vase and flower with Crystal Effects. Added some ribbon, paper piercing and a sentiment from So Many Sayings and the card was complete.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Vases in Vogue hostess stamp set; So Many Sayings hostess stamp set; So Swirly Jumbo Wheel; Summer Sun marker; Going Grey, River Rock and Barely Banana Classic ink; Black StazOn ink; Going Grey, Basic Black, So Saffron and Whisper White cardstock; Certainly Celery Prints designer series paper; Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon; Certainly Celery Grosgrain ribbon; Crystal Effects. Tools used: paper piercer, mat pack, ticket corner punch, Blender Pens, sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)