Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hello father!

I had a goal tonight to make two cards; one for my dad and one for my mom. I started with the easier one and made my mom's first and then moved on to the more difficult task of making a masculine card. No flowers... no frou-frou ribbon... ack the withdrawal pains I went through making this card. Yet oddly enough I really like the end result.

Now that you have checked out the card you probably have a couple of questions. The big one being "What's with the tape measurer?" and "Did you go hunting through your house to find it just for this picture?". Because if you are like me, you can never find the tape measurer when you need it and then it becomes the hunt for the great white whale. However... somebody (me) was really lazy earlier in the week and did not put it away after measuring the closet in my craft room. So there it was right next to my photo-op spot so I stuck it in the picture. After all, it does go with the card. :)

On this card I did do something different with the card fold. I wanted the top of the card to look similar to the top of a paper tablet. When I cut the card base I not only scored at 4 1/4" I also scored at 5 1/4" with the shorter section becoming the front flap. I then cut a 2" x 5 1/2" piece of Close To Cocoa and stamped it with the Sanded background, sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa, folded it in half and adhered it to the card base. I then used my Crop-A-Dile to punch 3 holes and set Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets. Finally I threaded the hemp twine through the eyelets (in a figure eight pattern twice) and tied it. This created my binding and then I just needed to finish the card with a big "Hello." I think the rest is pretty much self-explanatory but if you need more details just let me know!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Big Deal Alphabet stamp set; Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set; Autumn Fest stamp set; Sanded background stamp; River Rock, Always Artichoke, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Ivory Naturals and Whisper White cardstock; Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip Classic ink; Antique Brass jumbo eyelets; Vintage brads; hemp twine; Stampin' dimensionals. Tools used: Crop-a-Dile, ticket corner punch, paper piercer and mat pack.

1 comment:

  1. Neat card!!!I like how you made the top part of the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)