Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Holiday File Folder

I've been seeing these altered file folders on several different blogs and thought they were just the coolest thing. So of course I had to make one myself once I "acquired" a file folder... he he he.

I decided to prepare for the Holidays and make one for holding all the pieces of what-not that you need or acquire over the months leading up to the big occasion. I used my favorite designer paper (Wintergreen!) and the Season of Joy stamp set for the majority of the work. I used a few words from the Fundamental Phrases stamp set and the Typeset Alphabet and Number sets for the labels. I kept the look as clean as possible and did no sponging... none... nada... zilch (yes, very unusual for me!).

On to the goodies! The first pocket holds a little notepad with five sheets of lined paper for writing down gift ideas. The second pocket has a small white craft bag that you can put your receipts in... not that anyone would want to return a wonderful gift that you bought them. The third pocket has a little bag of tags that can be attached to the awesome gifts. The forth and final pocket is for holding recipes. I plan on putting copies of my favorite cookie recipes in this pocket.

Here is a look-see at the gift pad and gift tags. The back of the tags are blank and perfect for writing To/From names on. I added silver elastic cord to the tags so they can either be looped onto the handle of a bag or taped onto a gift box. The receipt bag is just a little craft bag that I actually bought to make another Genie Box with but swiped to use for this project instead.

So I think this turned out so cool. Almost too cool... I feel the need to hoard this little pocket folder and leave it as pristine as possible. Which means I will not use it! Argh! I'll look at it and want to use it but be afraid of ruining it's beautiful good looks. However, I have a solution... I'll give it away. Yuppers, I'll give it to someone as a gift and then it will be their dilemma... he he he.

Quick notes: all designer series paper was glued to the folder using my Zyron sticker machine. A good example of how to assemble the file folder into this four pocket holder can be located at the Taylored Expressions Blog. While at it check out some of the other beautiful eye candy that she has created. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Season of Joy stamp set; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Snowburst stamp set (just for the tags); Typeset Alphabet and Numbers stamp sets; Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Sky Blue and Whisper White cardstock; Wintergreen Designer Series Paper; Soft Sky and Blue Bayou Classic ink; Noir Palette Hybrid ink; Clear Crystal Brads; Vintage Brads, Silver Elastic cord; Wild Wasabi Double Stitched ribbon; Manilla file folder; Lined paper; Small Craft Bag; Sticky strip; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: scallop circle punch; 1 1/4" circle punch; 1 3/8" circle punch.

4 comments:

  1. I love this project!!! I will have to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size file folder is this?? With what cut??
    Half or 3rd??

    Thanks,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love this, made this last night, cased yours (hope you don't mind), and made it to match my cards from the winter bright simply scrappin kit. great job, thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your file folder version! You have a beautiful blog! thanks for sharing your creations and how to's...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)