Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A little different

I decided to play with a technique that I had not used in a while: Polished Stone. I was trying for a Christmas-y feel so used Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Encore silver ink refills. Turned out a little more brown then I was intending but adding a few silver flowers made it a little more festive.

Quick card notes: Tree from Season of Joy was stamped in Always Artichoke. A few flowers were stamped on the tree. I sprayed both the polished stone background and the tree with hairspray (you can also use a fixative) to seal the Encore silver ink. If you don't seal the ink it will smudge as it doesn't seem to dry on its own.


Another picture of the card that shows the silver Encore ink a little better.


BTW - I do recommend that you use plastic gloves while playing with the Polished Stone technique, espcially if you use colors that tend to permanently stain. One of my nails now has a decidedly pink tone to it. Sort of looks like I dipped my thumb in Tropical Punch Kool-Aid!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Season of Joy stamp set; River Rock, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White and Glossy cardstock; Always Artichoke Classic ink; Noir Palette Hybrid ink pad; Encore silver ink pad; Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive and silver Encore ink refills; silver elastic ribbon; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; silver brads; Stampin' Dimensionals; Rubbing Alcohol; cotton balls. Tools used: ticket corner punch; 1/16" handheld circle punch.

1 comment:

  1. Your polished stone technique came out beautifully. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)