Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Naughty little kitty brought you a gift...

My cat Isa has been leaving me a lot of...umm... gifts... lately. Those "gifts" inspired this birthday card. :)

Quick Notes: I stamped the Here, Kitty Kitty cat and hat on watercolor paper with Black StazOn ink. Then used Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter to color the cat. I drew the "gift" freehand with the Basic Black Stampin' Write marker and colored with Creamy Caramel and More Mustard markers. I would have used the crayons to color the "gift" but the black marker smeared when I used the Aqua Painter. The edges were then sponged with Perfect Plum Classic ink. I then mounted the cat scene on a piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock (also sponged the edges of this piece with Perfect Plum).

The sentiment "happy birthday from the cat" was stamped on Bashful Blue cardstock and then punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered on a 1 3/8" circle of Close to Cocoa cardstock. The edges were sponged with Perfect Plum ink. This piece was then adhered to the main image with glue and a vintage brad.

Next I cut a 5" x 5" piece of More Mustard cardstock and wheeled See You Around on it with Perfect Plum Classic ink. I used the Ticket corner punch on the corners and then sponged the edges with Perfect Plum Classic ink.

Next I cut a piece of Lavender Lace cardstock and pierced the edges with a paper piercer using the guide from the Mat Pack to keep my holes nice and line up. Again, I sponged the edges with Perfect Plum Classic Ink and then adhered it to the More Mustard piece. Poked a couple holes with my paper piercer through both layers and added three vintage brads. Then I added a couple pieces of ribbon (Elegant Eggplant and Chocolate Chip grosgrain) and finally adhered all the layers together.

As a final touch I handwrote on the inside of the card "... handmade by the cat with love" and stamped the "Happy Birthday" from It's Your Birthday stamp set. Then stamped the wind-up mouse from Here, Kitty Kitty and doodled some mouse tracks. I rarely if ever stamp anything on the inside of a card but this seemed appropriate. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Here, Kitty Kitty stamp set; It's Your Birthday stamp set (sentiment on inside of card); See You Around jumbo wheel; Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Lavender Lace and Bashful Blue cardstock; watercolor paper; Perfect Plum Classic ink pad; Black StazOn ink pad; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Elegant Eggplant and Chocolate Chip (retired) grosgrain ribbons; vintage brads; Stampin' dimensionals and Glue Dots. Tools used: paper piercer, mat pack, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch; Ticket corner punch; Aqua Painter.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious!! As a cat owner, I completely understand!!!!

    You made me smile!

    Lydia
    www.understandblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)