Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh Acorns!

I thought I would post a card I made earlier in the week. Just a little funny (I hope!) card that I thought up while playing with the Autumn Fest stamp set. How did I come up with the idea for this card? Well my train of thought went something like this: That acorn is cute. It is quite nutty. I do so love nuts. Huh... nuts... I can use that. Next thing you know the card was made. Enjoy!

Quick Notes: I colored directly on the acorn stamp from Autumn Fest with Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa markers and then stamped on the Whisper White cardstock. I repeated this six times to create the stack of acorns and then on a scrap of Whisper White I stamped three more times. I cut these three acorns out and then adhered over the original stack with Stampin' Dimensionals. This made my pile o' nuts much more 3D. The edges of the Soft Sky cardstock was sponged with Chocolate Chip Classic ink. "Nuts!" was spelled out using the Rough Edges alphabet set.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Autumn Fest stamp set; It's Your Birthday stamp set; Rough Edges stamp set; Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White cardstock; Chocolate Chip Classic ink; Chocolate Chip and Close To Cocoa markers; Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets; Linen Thread; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: Crop-A-Dile; Stampin' Sponges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)