Sunday, September 30, 2007

Uh oh... I went shopping!

I visited my local scrapbook store and picked up a couple of new toys. Just a couple! The first thing I bought is a set of Nesting Flowers dies by QuicKutz. I don't have the Revolution die cutting machine but you can use these dies with the Cuttlebug, just make the following sandwich: Plate A, Plate B, cardstock, die and Plate C.

The second item I picked up was a 6" x 6" pad of the Infuse Designer Series Paper by Basic Grey. It is sooooo lovely.

But enough about the shopping and on to the card that I made with my new purchases. The card base is a 4.25" x 8.5" piece of Old Olive cardstock folded in half. On top of that is a 4" x 4" piece of Basic Grey Infuse DSP. I rounded the cornes of this piece with the small corner rounder. Next I cut a scalloped circle from Certainly Celery cardstock using the largest flower die. I then embossed the scalloped circle using the CuttleBug and an embossing folder (sorry, drawing a total blank as to the name of the embossing folder). Old Olive was sponged onto the edges and the raised embossing with a sponge dauber.

The "You Make Me Happy" sentiment from So Many Sayings was stamped on Blush Blossum with Timber Brown StazOn (it was at hand so I used it instead of my Chocolate Chip Classic pad). The sentiment was punched out using the Word Window punch and then the edges were sponged with Old Olive Classic ink. Flowers from Baroque Motifs were stamped in Real Red and Regal Rose Classic ink on Whisper White cardstock. The 1/2" circle punch was used to cut out the smaller flowers. After trimming the Real Red Flowers and a couple of Old Olive leaves all pieces were adhered to the Certainly Celery circle with Stampin' dimensionals. At this point... I went 'doh' when I realized I should have used some Crystal Clear Brads for the flower centers but it was too late... but luckily I had some Making Memories gem stickers that I could use instead. Added some red grosgrain ribbon (retired) and finished assembling the card.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Baroque Motifs stamp set; So Many Sayings hostess stamp set; Old Olive, Blush Blossum, Whisper White and Certainly celery cardstock; Basic Grey Infuse DSP; Old Olive, Real Red, Regal Rose Classic ink; Timber Brown StazOn; Making Memories gem stickers; Red grosgrain ribbon (retired); Real Red brads. Tools used: CuttleBug and embossing folder; QuicKutz Nesting Flowers; small corner rounds; rectangle handheld punch (makes ribbon hole); sponge dauber.

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)