Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cold Twigs

Beate of Fresh & Fun posted a great weekend sketch challenge that I just had to participate in, especially since I missed the last couple of challenges. I decided to use my much neglected It's Snow Time stamp set... and after making this card I can't believe that I left these poor snowmen sitting and collecting dust for so long!

Quick notes: I stamped the snowman from It's Snow Time on watercolor paper with Black StazOn ink; I then masked the snowman and stamped the trees. Another tree, the present and the bird were stamped on scrap pieces of watercolor paper and then cut out. I colored the trees, snowman, gift and bird with Watercolor Wonder Crayons (WWCs) and a blender pen. Using an Aqua Painter and the Brocade Blue WWC I added a light wash of color to the sky around the main image. The "Cold twigs-warm hearts!" sentiment was stamped on Mellow Moss and punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. I then free-hand paper pierced the circle and matted on a 1 3/8" Always Artichoke circle. Then added a bit more paper piercing, ribbon and brads to complete the card.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: It's Snow Time stamp set; Sanded background stamp; Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue and Always Artichoke cardstock; watercolor paper; Bashful Blue Classic Ink; Black StazOn; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Stampin' Dimensionals; Chocolate Chip Wide Satin Ribbon; Vintage brads. Tools used: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercer.

4 comments:

  1. Danielle,
    that is one cute card! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, fantastic colours and that stamp is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did wonders with this set.. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Beth PhillipsOctober 25, 2007 at 3:43 PM

    This card is adorable Danielle:) I love your color combinations. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)