Saturday, October 13, 2007

Double feature

My mom has been visiting this weekend which means a lot of shopping (what fun) and eating out (yum). But, wow, were my feet sore yesterday after a good eight hours of mall-walking. However they are happy now because I bought them a new pair of shoes! :)

I did manage to sneak in a couple hours of stamping this evening... once my mom decided that she was done using my craft room. Yup, she took it over to make a couple of the coaster boxes, while I was left to clean. The horrors!

So without further ado here are the cards that I made. The first uses the Snow Burst stamp set and Holiday Harmony Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Mini Collection. I stamped two of the snowflakes from the set on Naturals White cardstock. The first in Bravo Burgundy Classic ink and the second in Purely Pomegrante ink. I trimmed the second snowflake and layered it over the first. I then used the Crop-a-dile to punch a hole through both layers and set an Antique Brass jumbo eyelet. I sponged the edges of the cardstock with Bravo Burgundy Classic ink and then used the Distresser Tool to rough up the edges. I mounted this image on a Bravo Burgundy mat using Stampin' Dimensionals. The Wishing You Joy sentiment is a $1 stamp by Kolette Hall purchased from Michael's. Yes, that was one of my purchases this weekend. :)

Some images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Snow Burst stamp set; Joy stamp by Kolette Hall; Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy and Naturals White cardstock; Holiday Harmony Designer Series Paper; Bravo Burgundy, Purely Pomegrante Classic ink; Black StazOn; Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon; Antique Brass Jumbo Eyeletes; Stampin' dimensionals. Tools used: Crop-A-Dile and Ticket Corner Punch; distressing tool.

The second card is what I like to refer to as a scrap card: basically I grab whatever scraps I have lying around and get crafty. I had stamped the main image a couple weeks ago and finally decided to use it tonight. I then grabbed a 6.25" x 3.25" cardbase that I had cut and scored for another card but decided not to use because it was too much red for the card, but it was perfect for this one! I then found a ribbon scrap and some Always Artichoke scraps and my card was all set. I also added some watercoloring using Watercolor Wonder Crayons to the tree and did a little paper piercing on the bottom.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Sidekick Sayings hostess stamp set; Real Red, Always Artichoke and Whisper White cardstock; Black StazOn; Watercolor Wonder Crayons (Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Chocolate Chip); Mellow Moss stitched ribbon (retired); Stampin' dimensionals. Tools used: paper piercer and mat pack.

2 comments:

  1. You do awesome work!! Thanks for sharing with everyone so we have someone to copy from! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)