Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Double Pocket Card

This must be my week for catching up on projects that I have had on my list for a while. The latest one is a Double Pocket Card, for which Beate from Fresh and Fun created an awesome tutorial... which you should check out.

I cut into a couple of pieces of the Cutie Pie Designer Series paper to make this card. The colors are so bright and cheerful and I wanted this Birthday card to be a fun one so it was perfect. For the pocket inserts and sentiment image I used Shimmery White cardstock cause it is so pretty.

When stamping the pocket inserts I stamped off once before stamping the images from Pick a Petal in Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate. I then outlined the images with my Sakura Stardust Glitter pen to add a little extra oomph. :) After that I stamped a couple Definitions from Define Your Life stamp set and matted them on Basic Black cardstock and added a couple of tabs with brads. Ohh... there is a little border stamp in the set that I inked up a part of to create the dotted line on the top of the tabs.

As far as decorating the rest of the card I tied a piece of Light Blue gingham ribbon around the pocket and adhered the pocket to a Wild Wasabi card base. I punched a scallop circle from Bashful Blue cardstock and sponged its edges with Bashful Blue Classic ink. I then used a black pen to add dots to each scallop. But that wasn't sparkly so I went over the dots with the Sakura Stardust Glitter Pen. I then glued a 1 3/8" circle of Wild Wasabi over top of the scallop. Finally I stamped a sentiment from Circle of Friendship on a scrap piece of Shimmery White cardstock and punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. But it needed a little something so I added a jumbo eyelet to the center.


And here is what the pocket card looks like without the inserts... still quite cute I think. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Circle of Friendship stamp set; Pick A Petal stamp set; Define Your Life stamp set; Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black and Shimmery White cardstock; Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper; Bashful Blue, Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi Classic ink; Black StazOn ink; Sakura Stardust Clear Glitter Pen; Basic Black marker; Light Blue Gingham Ribbon; Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets; Vintage brads; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: Crop-a-Dile, Sponge, 1/16" handheld circle punch, Round Tab punch; 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch.

2 comments:

  1. Cute card...love all the touches! You have some great creations here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is fan-freaking-tastic! Love your colors, the paper, the wonderful medaillon and the tags. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)