Friday, October 12, 2007

I really tried!

Whew! It has been a hectic week at work. I was finally able to sit down and stamp tonight for the first time since Sunday! I was seriously going through withdrawals! :)

I decided to try my hand at the sketch challenge posted to SplitCoastStampers this week. I really tried to stick with the sketch but I ended up changing the layout a bit since I couldn't get the overhang to work for me.


I added ribbon, I removed ribbon. I added brads, I removed brads. I added cardstock here and there. But finally I had to admit that this card was not meant to follow the rules. So here is what I did instead... and I like it as it is. Maybe tomorrow my muse will cooperate and I will have a rule-following card to post! ;)

Quick notes: card base is 5.5" x 7.5", folded at 4.25". This makes the front flap only 3.25" wide so that the back of the card is visible when the card is closed. Edges of all cardstock are sponged with Tempting Turquoise ink. On the Soft Sky Prints Designer Series Paper the small corner rounder was used to create a scallop edge on one side. I also added paper piercing to all edges including the scalloped one. Paper piercing was also added to the Groovy Guava mat. The main image was stamped with Black StazOn on Whisper White cardstock. I outlined the hearts with a Tempting Turquoise marking and then used a blender pen to blend the ink and fully color the hearts. With the blender pen I picked up some Groovy Guava ink directly from the ink pad and outlined the hanger (sadly there is no Groovy Guava marker).

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Eventfull hostess stamp set; So Swirly Jumbo wheel; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Groovy Guava, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White cardstock; Soft Sky Prints Designer Series Paper; Groovy Guava and Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink; Black StazOn; Tempting Turquoise marker; Vintage Brads; Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: Small Corner Rounder; mat pack; paper piercer; blender pens.

I also wanted to share a picture of my cat Magoo... the inspiration behind my blog name (really he's not f-a-t, he's just a bit "fluffy"... heh heh). Here he is playing in some brown packing paper. Not only is a new box of stamps from Stampin' Up! fun for me it also includes one of Magoo's favorite toys... brown paper! He loves the stuff. It only takes him a few days to wear the paper out... and then of course I have to order more stamps just so he can have a new batch of brown paper to play with .

Hope you all have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. My cat loves it too when I get a SU box and paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, when I saw that picture of your cat, I thought maybe you had been to my house this week. My cat, Casey, looks like she could be Magoo's twin and absolutely LOVES that brown packing paper too. She has a piece strung out on the floor right now and loves to curl up on it and take a nap.

    Cute card by the way too! I like the scallops on the inside layer and all of the paper piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, I just found your blog and I have to say it is AWESOME and I will definitley keep returning to see all your great creations.

    My cat loves the SU paper and boxes too. Definitely a good excuse to order more stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracks me up - my cat loves Stampin' Up! more than I do when the brown paper comes out!!!

    TFS!!

    www.understandblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! I just adopted my FIFTH cat. Of course, they ALL love Stampin' Up! I just posted the latest kitten pictures on my blog www.janetwmarks.typepad.com
    I LOVE your blog! Thanks for sharing. Janet in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)