Friday, October 26, 2007

Joy Mini Photo Book

What have I been up to the last few days? Well, making a bunch of cute little photo books (love 'em!) for a swap that I joined.

I learned a couple of things during the process of making my swaps... I paper pierce way too much and I sponge edges way too much! When did this light bulb turn on? Not until I was paper piercing the edges of the 13th piece of cardstock and realized I still have 19 more to go! And that doesn't even include the pieces I cut to decorate the cover the books!! Wowza... I think my paper piercier is ready to go on strike :). But will this cure my addiction? Probably not! :)

Now that you have seen the cover... here are the inner pages. There are four little folders that I made from Always Artichoke cardstock. I was originally going to use envelopes cut in half but they were not quite big enough so I did these instead. See the paper piercing on the Soft Sky cardstock? I did that on eight pieces for each mini book! And I sponged the edges of each one too! CRAZY!!

Inside each pocket is a Blue Bayou piece of cardstock that you can glue a picture to each side of. Here is one with a picture of my mom. As usual she is trying to hide from the camera. Heh heh. :)

But now that you have seen the book you are probably wondering how I made it. Well, stay tuned... 'cause over the weekend I will be posting some step-by-step instructions and pictures for your viewing pleasure.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Season of Joy stamp set; Define Your Life stamp set; So Swirly Jumbo wheel; Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Blue Bayou and Whisper White cardstock; Wintergreen Designer Series paper; chipboard; Soft Sky and Blue Bayou Classic ink; Black StazOn; Stampin' dimensionals; Soft Sky and Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon; 3/4" silver O-wires. Tools used: Bind-it-All; 1 3/8" circle punch; 1 1/4" circle punch; ticket corner punch; mat pack; paper piercer; sponge.

4 comments:

  1. this is really gorgeous! I love the photo pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the tutorial! This is wonderful. Love the DP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)