Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Little Hellos

Whew! Saturday was a crazy but fun day! I had nine ladies over for a huge stamp camp. They made 12 different cards and a genie bag. Yup, I made them slave away all afternoon but now they have a bunch of cards all ready for the Holidays. :)

After the party was over and the cleaning was done (well most of it... I still have to vacuum up all of the little hexagon papers from the Stampin' dimensionals) I sat done for a little while and got creative and made a couple of cards. The first of which is a Little Hello card made with the Vases in Vogue hostess stamp set.

I started with this sketch challenge from SplitCoastStampers but altered it slightly since my main image was a little long. That and I only vaguely recalled what the sketch looked like when I went to make the card... Oops! Guess I'll have to take a closer look next time. :) But close enough for me!

Quick Notes: Start with a 4.25" x 11" piece of Mellow Moss cardstock folded in half. Stamp the Sanded background on it in Soft Sky Classic ink. Sponge around the edges with more Soft Sky ink. For the main image stamp one of the vases from Vases in Vogue on watercolor paper. Cover the vase with a sticky note, lining it up with the top of the vase, and then stamp the rose flowers. This way the stems do not overlap onto the vase. Next is used a Blender Pen and markers (Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, Mellow Moss and Bordering Blue) to color the image. The markers themselves were a little too intense in color for the affect that I wanted on this card. So I would scribble a little marker on a plastic stamp case and then pick up that color with the Blender pen and then do the actual watercoloring. After that I added just a touch of sparkle to the center of the flowers and dots on the vase with the Sakura Stardust Clear Glitter Pen. The sentiments was stamped on Soft Sky and then punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch and tucked under the main image. This is the first time ever that I have added a sentiment this way!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Vases in Vogue hostess stamp set; Sanded background stamp; Mellow Moss, Handsome Hunter, Soft Sky and Basic Gray cardstock; Watercolor paper; Wintergreen Designers Series Paper; Soft Sky Classic ink; Black StazOn; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; Silver brads. Tools used: Ticket corner punch; 1 3/8" circle punch; sponge.

2 comments:

  1. I recently discovered your blog and I think it is fantastic! I really love your style of stamping. This card is no exception!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)