Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A little spring in the fall

Now that it is finally fall I decided to switch from the Holiday cards I have been making and instead make a soft Spring card. I know... I am so out of sync with the seasons!

I used my much neglected Simply Said stamp set to make the card. It turned out so pretty and soft looking... totally unlike the frog that I had to rescue from my cats tonight. Yup... the little critter squeezed its way into the garage via the garage door and my cats were hunting it down. More accurately, just sitting there staring at it waiting for it to jump. My cats are a bit lazy; they prefer that the prey come to them. Happily the frog is now safe and sound back outside, and yes I washed my hands afterwards!

Notes: I stamped the flowers from the Simply Said stamp set twice on Whisper White cardstock. The flowers were colored with Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery markers. It is difficult to see but Dazzling Diamonds Glitter was applied to the flowers using a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. I then matted the image on Apricot Appeal and adhered a piece of Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon to the bottom.

Next I used the photo corner punch on Certainly Celery to punch a couple of photo corners, paper piercing the smaller of the two. I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Party Punch hostess stamp set on Soft Sky cardstock in Black StazOn and punched it out with the Designer Label Punch. I matted this on a 1 3/8" circle punched from Tempting Turquoise cardstock. Both of these accents were adhered to the main image with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Then I cut a piece of 4" x 4.75" piece of Soft Sky cardstock. This was supposed to be 4" x 5.25" but I made a boo boo! But I liked this size better so decided to use it and trim the card base to 4.25" x 5". I then inked up the Everyday Blossoms Jumbo Wheel with Soft Sky and wheeled the cardstock. I have to apologize... apparently this wheel is retired. I didn't realize until just now when writing up the recipe! Guess I will have to "invest" in a new wheel... heh heh. After the wheeling was done I sponged the edges with Soft Sky Classic in and then paper pierced along all of the edges. I still felt that this layer was a little naked so I added some Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon to the upper left corner.

Finally I adhered all of the layers together (Stampin' dimensionals for the Apricot Appeal mat and Glue Dots for the Soft Sky mat) and the card was finished.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Simply Said stamp set; Party Punch hostess stamp set; Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White cardstock; Soft Sky Classic ink; Black StazOn; Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery markers; Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon; Dazzling Diamonds; Sakura Quickie Glue Pen; Stampin' dimensionals. Tools used: mat pack and paper piercer; Photo Corner punch; 1 3/8" circle punch; Designer Label punch.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Love all the detail you have added, the piercieng, the layout, the diagonal ribbon, etc. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love your blog! I just found you through JanTink's blog! Your work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Well Well...another BEAUTIFUL creation from Fat Cat Stamper! :) You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving your cards.

    PS... I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)