Friday, October 5, 2007

Oh So Merry and Bright

I have to admit that I really like this stamp set and when stamping I reach for it way too often. But the characters are just so much fun and terribly hard to resist. So here is yet another project using the Merry & Bright stamp set from the Holiday mini catalog and the gorgeous Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper (notice how perfectly it matches the polka dot ribbon from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals?).

Quick notes: I created the Photo Corners by punching out a 1 1/4" square and cutting it in half and then using the square punch a second time on each triangle to punch out the center. Happily I will soon have the actual Photo Corner punch and will not have to do this anymore. :) I then added paper piercing to the photo corners and sponged the edges with Wild Wasabi. For the main image I stamped the tree once and colored. I stamped the tree twice more on scrap paper, colored and then cut out and adhered to the main image with Stampin' Dimensionals. I redrew the tree trunks with a black marker for the popped up trees, cause trunk-less trees just look weird.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Merry & Bright stamp set; Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set; Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, River Rock and Whisper White cardstock; Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper; Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi Classic ink; Black StazOn ink; Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon; Sherbet Ribbon Originals; Vintage Brads; Stampin' Dimensionals; Black marker. Tools used: 1 1/4" square punch, mat pack, paper piercer.

You may have noticed a new addition to my photo over there... the little watermark in the lower right corner. Somebody spent a little time playing in Paint Shop Pro 8 and came up with this. :) Just a little reminder of where you found this picture just in case you forget. Which would be horrible... since I do want you to come back and see what else I have been working on! Oh, and I will try to always put the watermark in a spot where it doesn't detract from the card. Now I just need to do some more work on my blog header.... and maybe the colors of my blog... and maybe the layout a little... Well, you will just have to check back and see what I change! :) Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)