Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pink Flowers

I had some leftover flowers that I had stamped earlier while making the Z-Fold card that needed to be used. This time I colored them in shades of Rose Red and Old Olive and added a touch of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to highlight the flowers.

I kept the layout of this card simple so that the flowers would not be overwhelmed. Notice something a little different about this card? I didn't stamp a sentiment on the front of the card! Yup, keeping it blank so that I can use it for any occasion. :) The card base is a 4 1/4 by 8 1/2 piece of Old Olive folded in half. The designer paper is Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist by K & Co..

P.S. No sponges were harmed in the making of this card and my paper piercer was allowed to take a much needed vacation. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Doodle This stamp set; Old Olive and Rose Red cardstock; watercolor paper; K & Co. Designer paper; Black StazOn; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Dazzling Diamonds Glitter; Sakura Quickie Glue Pen; Stampin' dimensionals; Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon. Tools used: Ticket corner punch.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through that thread over at Splitcoast and after quickly scrolling through, have to say, love, love, love your work. Adding you to my bookmarks right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I just love "Doodles This"! Your dazzling diamonds on the flowers show up very well. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)