Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Purple Pick A Petal

The cutting of cardstock continues! I'm more than halfway there... so I decided to take a break and make a new card (yeah!). Actually I made two cards but you will just have to wait until tomorrow for the second card . :)

For this card I pulled out my much neglected Pick A Petal stamp set (I've been obsessed with Holiday cards lately) and a couple shades of purple cardstock: Lavender Lace and Elegant Eggplant. I then picked out a piece of River Rock cardstock and stamped various petal parts with the purple inks. The Gratitude definition is from Define Your Life and stamped on Whisper White with Black StazOn. I stamped over the definition with the small flower from Pick A Petal in Lavender Lace (stamped off once on scrap paper to soften the color). I then stamped the Thanks So Much from So Many Sayings along the edge of the Lavender Lace mat three times. I did use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get perfect placement. After that I sponged all the edges with Elegant Eggplant Classic ink. Finally I assembled the card and added some silver brads and Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon. Ohh.. and I used the Ticket Corner punch to notch two corners of the River Rock cardstock.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supples used: Pick A Petal stamp set; Define Your Life stamp set; So Many Sayings hostess stamp set; Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, River Rock and Whisper White cardstock; Elegant Eggplant and Lavender Lace Classic Ink; Black StazOn; Silver Brads; Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon; Stampin' dimensionals. Tools used: Ticket Corner Punch; sponge; Stamp-a-ma-jig.

2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!! Love how you added the definition as a sentiment..very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Beth PhillipsOctober 17, 2007 at 4:12 PM

    Great card! Love your color combo. TFS:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)