Monday, October 29, 2007

SC147: For the long haul...

Seems like most of the stamp sets I have been purchasing the last couple of months are all Holiday sets. Which is great when you are in the mood for making Christmas cards. But when you want to make non-Holiday, non-winter cards they don't necessarily work so well... how weird is that?! :) So I have been pulling sets from the bottom of my stacks and using those for the last few cards that I have made. One of those sets is Loads of Love... I just had to have it when it was first released but have not used it in a really really long time. And I do mean a REALLY long time.

This card was inspired by the SplitCoastStampers sketch challenge #147.

Now that the layout was decided and I knew I was going to use the Loads of Love stamp set the next decision was what color should I watercolor the truck. I choose to use Brocade Blue for the the body, Basic Gray for the rims and trim and Basic Black for the tires. Quite realistic don't you think? :) As far as mediums go I used an AquaPainter and Watercolor Wonder Crayons.

Quick Notes: The main image was stamped on watercolor paper with Black StazOn and colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons. The sentiment was stamped on Bashful Blue cardstock with Black StazOn, punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and mounted on a 1 3/8" circle of Night of Navy cardstock. A Bordering Blue piece of cardstock was stamped with the Sanded Background in Basic Gray. The edges were sponged with more Basic Gray Classic ink. This piece was then layered onto a Basic Gray mat. Added some brads and White grosgrain ribbon and assembled the card.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Loads of Love stamp set; Loads of Accessories stamp set; Sanded background; Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Bordering Blue, Basic Black and Night of Navy cardstock; watercolor paper; Basic Gray classic ink; Black StazOn; Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Vintage Brads; White grosgrain ribbon; Stampin' dimensionals. Tools used: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge.

2 comments:

  1. Crystal (SCS happy2stamp4ever)October 29, 2007 at 11:12 PM

    Oh my word!! LOVE this combo!!! TOTALLY going to case this card!! (if that's okay, LOL) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the way you used SC147!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)