Monday, October 22, 2007

See You Later Alligator

... After while crocodile! Every time I see this alligator stamp I think of that farewell saying. It was a favorite of mine when I was a little kid, and well... I still say it once in a while even now! :)

So, how do I take pictures of cards when I want good lighting? Heh heh! For this picture I ended up sitting on the floor in front of my patio door, kind of bent to the side with the camera about a foot off the floor. All the while trying to fend off my cats, cause of course my sitting on the floor means play time to them! I use a piece of white foam core board that I folded in half (after cutting most of the way through it with an Exacto knife) for the backdrop. I move this backdrop around to various locations looking for good lighting depending on the time of the day. If it is dark out I set it up in my craft room with an Ott-Lite lamp and that does a decent job. As of yet I haven't found a perfect solution but this works for now!

Quick notes: cut five 3/4" x 3" strips of Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper and adhere to 4" x 5.25" Bashful Blue cardstock piece, leaving about an 1/8" space between strips. Stamp the Alligator from Wild About You in Wild Wasabi Classic ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the bird in Purely Pomegranate Classic ink. I masked the alligator's snout with a sticky note and then stamped the flower in Bashful Blue Classic ink (how else is an alligator to carry a flower?). I then used a Black Marker to color the center of the flower and the eyes of the critters. I also added a touch of glitter to the flower center with the Sakura Stardust Clear Glitter pen. Add a little ribbon and a sentiment and the card is finished.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Wild About You stamp set; It's Your Birthday stamp set; Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue and Whisper White cardstock; Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper; Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate and Bashful Blue Classic Ink; Black StazOn; Basic Black Marker; Sakura Stardust Clear Glitter Pen; Black Gingham Ribbon; Stampin' Dimensionals.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome!! I love the interesting design all the strips give. Lots to look at but not distracting since they are coordinate together. Nice Card!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)