Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blue Flowers

I used my much neglected Looks Like Spring stamp set and a scrap of Holiday Harmony as the inspiration for this card. Of course I just had to add some glitter and one of the Antique Brass Build a Brads that I just received. :)

Somewhat quick notes: The card base is a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Soft Sky cardstock that was wheeled with the So Swirly jumbo wheel in Soft Sky Classic ink before being folded in half. Using the Coluzzle and an oval template an oval was cut from Holiday Harmony Designer paper and another (1 size larger) from Always Artichoke cardstock. Both ovals were distressed with the distressing tool from the cutter kit. The edges of the Always Artichoke oval and the Blue Bayou 1 1/4" circle were paper pierced. The flower from Looks Like Spring was stamped two times. The first was inked with Soft Sky and then the edges of the stamp rolled on a Blue Bayou pad before being stamped. The second flower is just inked in Blue Bayou. The flowers were cut out and then Dazzling Diamonds glitter was added to the edges of the first flower with the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. The flowere were then layered together with Stampin' Dimensionals and an Antique Brass Build A Brad was added (the center is a 1/2" circle of Wintergreen Designer Paper). The slot punch was used to make a slit in the ovals and Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon was threaded through before adhering the ovals to the cardbase. The ribbon was then looped through the inside of the card and knotted. The flower and sentiment were attached with more dimensionals.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Looks Like Spring stamp set; Circle of Friendship stamp set; So Swirly jumbo wheel; Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Blue Bayou and Whisper White cardstock; Wintergreen Designer Paper (small 1/2" circle) and Holiday Harmony Designer Paper (striped background); Soft Sky and Blue Bayou Classic ink; Black StazOn; Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon; Antique Brass Build a Brad. Tools used: Coluzzle cutting system and oval template, 1/2" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, mat pack, paper piercer, distressing tool.

5 comments:

  1. Danielle, your style is wonderful! I saw one of your cards on SCS and had to come see your blog. I'm glad I did! I'll be back! (This card is GORGEOUS, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie (strappystamper)November 11, 2007 at 11:48 AM

    This card is gorgeous!! Love the color combo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful Danielle! I love your dimensional look with the flower, the colors and everything else about it! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally BEAUTIFUL! Maybe I will blow off the dust on this set and copy your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every thing about this card the color combo is beautiful and you made me use ovals on my CC140 card today I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)