Sunday, November 11, 2007

WSC27 : The holiday turkeys hate!

Over the past month several people have tagged me and well I've been procrastinating a bit. In some cases a lot, for which I apologize! Who are the wonderful stampers/bloggers who tagged me? Julie of Rubber Room Ramblings, Sue of StampnDaly.com and Ann of Ann's Creative Nook.

I am very honored to be tagged by these ladies! However I decided to be creative with the tag rules a bit (he he... I feel like such a rule breaker) and do something a little more in sync with the season. Here goes: seven (make that six, I couldn't think of a seventh) things you may not know about me... Thanksgiving style!

1.) Favorite Thanksgiving food? Mashed potatoes and gravy. Actually... I think it is the gravy... I pour it over everything except the green beans!
2.) Apple or Pumpkin pie? Most definitely apple! Just throw it in the microwave for a minute and I am a happy girl. I don't even need ice cream or cool whip. :)
3.) Where? I head home to celebrate with the family... white knuckled 'cause it is usually snowing and it is a long drive (5 hours). Unless I am carpooling with my brother... then I try not to pay attention to his driving because it can be enough to turn one's hair white!
4.) Post turkey plans? What? Do something after eating all of that food? Nope, I plan on just plopping on the couch to concentrate on digesting and talking the talk with the family.
5.) Will I go shopping on Black Friday? Not if I can avoid it... maybe do some stuff on the internet but I'd rather sleep in and avoid the crowds. I get a little claustrophobic in big crowds... especially big crowds of cranky sleep deprived aggressive shoppers .
6.) and the big one: What am I thankful for this year? Lots of things but especially that my other brother (not the crazy driver) found out what is wrong with him (medically speaking that is... I could make a whole list on his faults but we won't go there.. ha ha). The diagnosis isn't the greatest but can be treated and it is a lot better than what it could have been, which makes me very thankful!

Now, back to the scheduled programming (aka card details): The layout is Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #27. I just love the sketches that she comes up with! The card base is a 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" piece of Always Artichoke cardstock folded in half. On top of that is a layer of Really Rust cardstock and then a layer of Fall Flowers Designer Paper. I ticked the corners of the Fall Flowers layer and added some Rich Regals brads to three of the corners and stamped the Happy Thanksgiving Sentiment in Black StazOn.

For the main image I die cut the Always Artichoke layer with the Nesting Flowers by Quickutz and then used a paper piercer to poke some holes along the edges. I then used my Coluzzle cutting system and the circle template to cut a slightly larger circle out of Mellow Moss cardstock. I sponged the edges of the circle with Always Artichoke Classic ink. I punched a slit in the side with the slot punch and knotted a couple pieces of ribbon (black gingham and Always Artichoke grosgrain). I then stamped a bunch of gourds (I think pumpkins fall into this category but not sure) and leaves from Autumn Harvest on watercolor paper with Noir Black Palette Hybrid ink and then watercolored them with Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an AquaPainter. I cut the watercolored images out and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter before adhereing them to the Always Artichoke layer.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Autumn Harvest stamp set; Holidays & Wishes stamp set; Always Artichoke, Really Rust and Mellow Moss cardstock; watercolor paper; Fall Flowers Designer paper; Black StazOn; Noir Black Palette Hybrid ink; Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Black Gingham ribbon; Always Artichoke Grosgrain ribbon; Stampin' dimensionals; Rich Regals brads. Tools used: Quickutz Nesting Flowers dies; Cuttlebug; Coluzzle Cutting system and circle template; ticket corner punch; paper piercer; mat pack.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful Thanksgiving card! Love it!!!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)