Sunday, November 25, 2007

Make a Wish... a Big Pink One

Yum... I think this cupcake looks good enough to eat (lots of fluffy pink frosting!). Luckily it is just paper and not a real cupcake because it would be a goner! :) I have to laugh while writing this because I created this card while visiting my mom's this weekend.. why is that funny? Because it took me longer to decide which stamping supplies to take with me then packing everything else I needed for the five day weekend in the Sault. He he... but I must have picked good stuff 'cause I'm loving how this card turned out! :)

Quick notes: stamped cupcake base in Close to Cocoa Classic ink, stamped frosting in Pretty in Pink Classic, Candles in Regal Rose and Apricot Appeal Classic. I used a marker to fill in the flames since they were only outlined and I wanted a more solid look to them . Added some glitter and the cupcake was finished. Stamped the "make a wish" sentiment twice so that it was in two lines instead of just one. Punched the sentiment out with the large oval punch and then added a Pretty in Pink flower. Looped May Arts Textured ribbon through both holes in the oval frame and tied off with Rose Grosgrain ribbon. The ends were just glued behind the Rose Red panel. Added some additional Pewter Hodgepodge pieces and some paper piercing to the layers to complete the card.

A close up of the frosting and candles which shows the glitter. A little note on the paper piercing: when piercing around a ticked corner I do the sides using the mat pack guide for placement and then freehand poke the hole over the arch in the ticked notch.

I cut the May Arts textured ribbon so that the ends look like little pennants instead of my normal one-snip angled edge. The "make a wish" sentiment and hardware were adhered to the card with Stampin' dimensionals.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Big Bold Birthday stamp set. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Regal Rose Textured, Whisper White. Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal (Classic and Marker). Other: Ticket corner punch, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, mat pack, paper piercer, large oval punch, Rose grosgrain ribbon (retired), May Arts Gold/Antique Gold Two Tone Texture ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen.

5 comments:

  1. I love this card. The piercing is perfect and I love the sparkle on the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love your details, the piercing and ribbon treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card...that cupcake is one of my favorite stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really sweet, I like how you tied your ribbons and how you used the piece of hardware, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy-SCS-feathers&inkNovember 30, 2007 at 2:08 AM

    I think this is my favorite card of yours. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)