Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Meander Book

Over the past two weeks oodles of Holiday project tutorials have been posted to SplitCoastStampers. I finally had a chance to sit down and make one of them. Of course I just had to pick the one that uses a Bind-It-All: the Meander Book by Beate. I will say that it is a very interesting and neat way to make pages for a mini book, although it did take me a moment or two to figure which way was up!

Quick notes: the inner pages and pockets are one sheet of Fall Flowers Designer paper scored, cut and folded according to the tutorial. On the pocket pages I created tags from Wild Wasabi cardstock. For a couple of the other pages I turned back a corner and held it in place with a clear crystal brad. For the cover a flower from the Big Flowers stamp set was stamped in Blue Bayou Classic ink and then cut out with a 1 3/8" circle punch (it's a perfect fit!). It was layered on River Rock which was stamped with the Sanded background in Soft Sky Classic and then again on Wild Wasabi. The corners were rounded and the edges sponged with Wild Wasabi ink. Of course I had to add some ribbon and paper piercing. For the binding of the book I used my Bind-it-All and 1" silver O-wire. Note: do not adhere pages together until after punching the binding. My pages were too thick to cut in one pass so I needed to un-glue two pages and punch twice.

Note that the pages are all connected together... they are not separated at the seam. Which means that as you turn one page the next one begins to turn also.

Now the book is ready for some little pictures and some handwritten notes... most likely on the tags. Or I could just give it to someone else as a gift... which is highly likely to happen since I can't quit using my Bind-it-All to make fun little books!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Big Flowers, Fundamental Phrases, Sanded. Paper: Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Fall Flowers Designer. Ink: Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Black StazOn. Other: Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, Stampin' dimensionals, clear crystal brads, chipboard, Zyron, Bind-it-All, 1" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great project! The bind it all is on my Christmas wish list! Fall Flowers DP is my most favorite DP from the current catty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute little book! A great gift idea. I have a BIA and have not tackled this project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little book turned out so cute! I'd like to try one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a gteay job on this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a few years late, however, I just saw what you created. It is the best Meander book on SCS. TFS JudyOr

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful project. I think it would be so versatile. I got a bind-it-all for my anniversary in March, but I haven't used it yet. I think I just found my first project. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)