Friday, November 16, 2007

Mmmmm... Chocolate!

I have been wanting to make one of these tins filled with chocolate for quite some time but there were two little roadblocks: acquiring the tins and not eating the chocolate! The tin part was easy, I purchased them from www.specialtybottle.com. The chocolate was a little more challenging. I ate the first bag (although I did share) and then just before Halloween I quit eating chocolate! Yup, been candy free since then and no it hasn't been easy. However, tonight I picked up some candy for my fellow stampers who will be coming over for a class tomorrow and remembered to pick up a bag of these Nuggets. Yippee, I finally had chocolate for my tin and I must say it turned out really cute! In case you are wondering... I did not eat any of the chocolate, but I will be eating one of the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies that I will be making. Nothing like a cookie fresh and warm from the oven :).

Quick notes: I stamped snowflakes from Snow Burst and celebrate from Everyday Flexible Phrases on mailing labels and then wrapped them around the chocolates. This is super easy! After that all I needed to do was make a belly band to wrap around the tin and I was done.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Snow Burst stamp set; Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set; Going Gray, Bravo Burgundy, Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock; Wintergreen Designer Series paper; Going Gray, Bravo Burgundy and Soft Sky Classic ink; Chocolate Chip 5/8" wide grosgrain ribbon; Silver elastic cord; Stampin' dimensionals. Tools used: scallop, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches; 1/8" circle handheld punch. Other items: mailing labels, Hershey's Nuggets, clear top hinged tin.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been candy free since Halloween????? LOL!
    The tin is beautiful- love the simplicity and colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she didn't even eat any yesterday at the Stamp Camp! Thanks for the amazing ideas and lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! this is beautiful!!! You did a great job!!! Iam glad I found your blog!!!Elizabeth Glass

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, has been a great read! Just thought it may interest you to know, a while back i managed to find a british labels company who printed me some mailing labels for a really low price. If interested then it may be worth taking a look at their website.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)