Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pretty in Pink Embossed Card

I've been wondering for a while how people apply ink to embossed images so perfectly, without having the ink end up everywhere. I finally had a light bulb moment last night... use a brayer! Of course that was followed by the "duh, why didn't I think of that before" moment. :)

Here is how to achieve the white on pink embossed cardstock look I used for my Pretty in Pink card:
1.) Emboss the cardstock. For this card I used the CuttleBug machine and the Spots and Dots embossing Folder.
2.) Inked up my brayer (used the rubber attachment) with Whisper White Craft ink.
3.) Brayered the embossed cardstock.

Yes, it was easy as that! Since I used craft ink I made sure to immediately wash off my brayer. I also heat set the inked cardstock before I had a chance to smudge it (well, any more than I already had). :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: Be Happy stamp set; See You Around jumbo wheel; CuttleBug Embossing Folder Spots and Dots; Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Naturals Ivory and Whisper White cardstock; Rose Red Prints Designer paper; Whisper White Craft ink; Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink Classic ink; Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon; Antique Brass jumbo eyelets; Vintage brads; Stampin' Dimensionals. Tools used: CuttleBug; Crop-a-Dile; mat pack; paper piercer; brayer.

4 comments:

  1. Jackie (strappystamper)November 15, 2007 at 3:19 PM

    This is so pretty...love all the pinks together. Thanks for the brayer tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your is so pretty. Thanks for the tip on how to apply ink to an embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning from the layout to the color combo! Brayer idea is great too! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)