Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sneak Peek and a Gift Tag

I've been busy the last week or two working on sample cards for an upcoming class, but I'm in a sharing mood so here is one of projects that everyone who attends will be making. Of course I couldn't resist using a couple of my favorite products on this card: Big On Christmas stamp set, Wintergreen Designer Paper and double-stitched ribbon. :)

The Noel image was stamped twice; the first time on Whisper White cardstock and then again on Soft Sky cardstock. The ornament was cut out from the Soft Sky, colored with some marker and adhered to the first image. I'll leave the details at that.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamp sets: Big On Christmas. Ink: Black StazOn, Sage Shadow Marker. Paper: Basic Grey, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Soft Sky, Wintergreen Designer. Other: Silver Copic Atyou Glitter Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon, silver brads.

I can only spend so much time working on class samples before I need to take a break and just work on something fun. This time I decided to play with my Cuttlebug and make some gift tags. But I didn't end up using the machine very much. Just a couple of passes to cut out some tags (Red Tag Sale Alphabet die set) from thick white cardstock (the white stuff from Stampin' Up!'s Designer Paper packs) and I was done playing with my little green bug. Maybe I'll pull out some embossing folders and play more this weekend or maybe I'll just go Christmas shopping... ;)

Quick notes: I covered the die cut tags in Holiday Harmony Designer paper and trimmed the excess (just the corners mostly). I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole and set an Antique Brass Jumbo eyelet. There was already a hole from using the die but it wasn't quite large enough so I had to punch a bigger one. Added a sentiment from Holidays & Wishes and the cute snowman from Merry and Bright. The snowmen were colored with markers and then coated with Frosted Lace Stickles.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamp sets: Merry and Bright, Holidays and Wishes. Ink: Black StazOn, Chocolate Chip Classic. Markers: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue and Pumpkin Pie. Paper: Holiday Harmony Designer, Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue. Other: Antique Brass jumbo eyelets, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, ticket corner punch, vintage brads, Frosted Lace Stickles, mat pack, paper piercer, CuttleBug, Red Tag Sale Alphabet die set, Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon, Scotch Foam mounting tape ('cause I'm out of dimensionals!).

5 comments:

  1. All of these projects are beautiful! I just found your blog yesterday and I love all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT projects! I especially like the Big On Christmas card ... love the double ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, OK, OK! After being teased so much with this rubbah set, I'm finally going to buy it--thanks to you, Turkeybutt.

    You continue to inspire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Noel card! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the tags!!
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)