Wednesday, November 28, 2007

While I am Waiting

I am so ready for Stampin' Up!'s new catalog and getting a bunch of new stamps to play with. :) But since that is still over a month away and I was craving new stamps I just had to order some of the oh-so-cute Elzybells NA stamps. They are a little pricey but I just couldn't resist them any longer. Hopefully these will tide me over until I can order new stamps from the preview catalog in December... yippee! Just one of the reasons I love being a demonstrator. :)

Quick notes: image was stamped in Black StazOn on watercolor paper and then colored with Watercolor Wonder crayons and an AquaPainter. A glittery sheen was added to the girls' boots, mitts and head gear with the Sakura Clear Stardust glitter pen. I then added White Liquid Applique to the image and puffed it up with the Heat Tool (this stuff is really fun!). The card is actually quite simple but has lots and lots of color!

Images copyright Hero Arts and Elzybellsna.typepad.com. Stamps used: sentiment from Joys of the Season stamp set by Hero Arts, Girls with Tree by Elzybells NA. Paper: Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist by K & Company, Bravo Burgundy, Pretty in Pink, River Rock, Garden Green, watercolor. Inks: Black StazOn. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Sakura Clear Stardust Glitter pen, White Liquid Appliqué, vintage brads, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain ribbon, Burgundy satin ribbon by May Arts, Heat Tool, AquaPainter, Stampin' Dimensionals.

P.S. I only have one dimensional left... I've gone a little crazy using them the last few weeks and I am now down to just one lonely little dimensional. Luckily I tacked a few packages on to an order and will get more of them on Monday... although that is still a long time away. Might have to make an emergency stop at the local scrapbooking store or JoAnn's. He he he. :)

5 comments:

  1. Danielle,
    Love your little winter card. Congratulations on 'Off with the Braces'! Thanks so much for the link to the Elzybells stamps. I've been wanting a couple of them & have never been able to see my shopping cart. It worked this time. I too can barely wait for the new Stampin' Up catalog. Thank goodness I'm a demonstrator & we can get a few things early. Love your cards.
    Barb Mann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Love these stamps and the designer paper you used too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Creative D,
    You could always borrow some dimensionals from your neighbor/downline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is TOO cute! I love the quilt patchwork look with the patterned paper - fits the image so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)