Friday, November 23, 2007

A Wow Class Project

I just love these clear little pails by Stampendous. They were super quick and easy to decorate and they make the perfect packaging for a small gift. Or the pail can be used as a neat tealight holder (make sure to put the tealight in a glass votive though). This was one of three projects that I had my ladies make at my last class.

Quick notes: two pieces of 4 5/8" wide designer paper are cut. One 8 3/4" long and the other 6" long. Take the 6" piece and use the coluzzle and an oval template to cut a window; this piece will cover the front of the can. On the 9" piece use the 3/4" circle punch to make a couple of holes for the handles (I used one of those flexible measuring tapes to determine were the holes should be and how far apart). For the lid I used the coluzzle and the circle template to cut a piece of coordinating paper to cover it. After that the paper was adhered to the can with sticky strip and embellishments were added. Make sure to use double-sided paper so that you can see a different pattern when looking inside the can.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Party Punch hostess set. Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Holiday Harmony Designer, Wintergreen designer. Ink: Blue Bayou, Always Artichoke. Other: Stampendous small paint cans, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, silver brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Designer Label punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, coluzzle cutting system with oval and circle templates.

Here is the fourth and final pail that was made at the class. This one uses paper from the Flurries and Frost Collection by Deja View. Jennifer kindly let me take a photo of the can she made since I did not have enough of this pretty paper to make one in this color for myself. :)

Supplies used: same as above except the paper is by Deja View and Bashful Blue classic ink was used to stamp the Merry Christmas label from the Party Punch stamp set.

*ETA: Fixed some weird font sizing issues.

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, these are just fabulous! Great class and gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I just told my daughter about it. We love the clear can projects. This is great!! Thanks for sharing your talent so we all can COPY YOU :) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)