Tuesday, November 6, 2007

No Electricity = No Stamping!

You ever have one those nights were things just do not go as planned? I was going to stamp up a storm last night... well there was a storm all right but not one of my making! I had just sat down at my craft table and gotten comfortable when "poof" the electricity went out! Of course it flickered a couple times (giving me false hope) before dying completely... wah (that's me crying pitifully)! I don't know what caused the outage but it probably had something to do with the wind advisory that was in effect for the night.

I lit a bunch of candles but the whole stamping by candlelight just wasn't cutting it so I switched gears and started perusing my Stampin' Up! catalog. Whatever shall I order? Lots of paper for my next class... check. Ohhh, more of the luscious Chocolate Chip satin ribbon from the mini catalog... check. Must buy more punches... check... you get the picture, window shopping at its best! :)

Luckily tonight was a different story and the power has not gone out! Yippee! So as soon as supper was done and the garbage was taken out I made a beeline for my stamp room and made this card. The layout is from a sketch posted by Jen at i{heart}2stamp.com. I do love a good sketch challenge. And after the big chill in my house last night (no heating cause there was no electricity!) I had to do a warm card so I pulled out the retired Stampin' Up! set I Like It a Latte and built myself a nice hot cup o' chocolate... yum!

Quick notes: cardbase is a 5" x 10" piece of Chocolate Chip folded in half. The cup, marshmallows and fumes were all stamped in Chocolate Chip on Naturals White cardstock. The marshmallows were stamped on a scrap, cut out and layered onto the cup with Stampin' dimensionals. The straw was stamped in Bravo Burgundy Classic ink. I traced over the image with an AquaPainter to soften the look (smudges the ink a smidgen). A Bordering Blue shadow was added around the base of the cup. The designer paper is Infuse by Basic Grey. I sponged all of the layers with a little Always Artichoke Classic ink. Finally I added some paper piercing. a few brads, and a sentiment stamped in Chocolate Chip on another scrap of Naturals White cardstock.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Supplies used: I Like It a Latte stamp set (retired); Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss and Naturals White cardstock; Infuse Designer Paper by Basic Grey; Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke and Bordering Blue Classic Ink; Stampin' dimensionals; gold brads. Tools used: mat pack; paper piercer; ticket corner punch; sponge.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute card! Love the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the layout too! I also agree that this set is too cute to part with:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am totally in love with this card...and craving some yum-o starbucks now!! thx for playing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)