Monday, December 24, 2007

Chocolate overdose

Well, I'm taking a break from eating chocolate to post a card... I think I've overdosed on chocolate. I didn't think it was possible, but I cannot eat another bite of it! :) If you are wondering... there is the chocolate fudge (yum), a little chocolate milk (my mom always gets this when I visit) and finally Kahlua cake (aka Death by Chocolate). At this point I don't know if I will be dreaming about chocolate tonight, or having nightmares! :)

But enough about the all important big C and on to the card! I used the Priceless stamp set to make this card today. Nope, I don't own this set... but my mom does and when I had a few minutes today I went through her Closet o' Crafts and picked out some sets to play with. This is what I came up with.

First I stamped the flourishes in Sage Shadow Classic ink on Whisper White cardstock, followed up by the butterflies in Really Rust. I then stamped the butterflies a second time on scrap pieces of Whisper White cardstock, cut them out and then adhered them over the first ones with dimensionals to add a little "pop".

For the next layer I matted a piece of Outlaw Designer paper on Always Artichoke cardstock. I then paper pierced the edges using my mat pack and handy dandy paper piercer (I exercise this tool a lot!). I then added three brads from the Antique Brass hodgepodge hardware set to the lower left corner (another big find in my mom's closet).

Next I pulled out a piece of Brown/White striped ribbon by May Arts and knotted this around the Outlaw layer. Finally the sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Creamy Caramel and matted on Always Artichoke. All layers were adhered together and the card was finished. Quite cute I think, especially considering I had very limited supplies to work with! ;)

P.S. I wish you all the best this Christmas!!!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Priceless. Paper: Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Outlaw Designer. Ink: Sage Shadow, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip. Other: Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware, mat pack, paper piercer, May Arts Brown/White grosgrain striped ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous!! I never can figure out how to use Sage... in 9 years it went from being the first green I owned to the last one I actually use. I'm inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I love cats and chocolate (not necessarily in that order) I just HAD to explore your blog! You do beautiful work. Take a peek at mine when you get a chance. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)