Tuesday, December 4, 2007

ElzyBells on a Box

I'm betting that you all thought I forgot about those cute ElzyBells stamps I bought a couple of weeks ago... well, I didn't! I pulled them out to decorate these cute little treat boxes that I made.

I started with an 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock and scored each side at 2 3/4". Then each corner was scored diagonally. See diagram to left for score lines (it's a little rough around the edges but it does the job). After the scoring was done the sides were folded up and the corners folded out and then crossed over each other and held in place with a Jumbo Eyelet (brads or sticky strip would also work).

After the boxes were made it was just a matter of decorating them. I stamped a couple of ElzyBells stamps on Whisper White cardstock in Black StazOn and then colored the images with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a Blender Pen. A little Dazzling Diamonds glitter was added to the fur of the little girl's coat and hat (she's so cute!). Then sentiments from the retired Cute Converse set by Stampin' Up! were stamped on Brocade Blue cardstock and cute out with the Round Tab Punch. The round tabs were adhered to a Chocolate Chip mat before adding the main images and then the whole piece was adhered to the box with Foam mounting tape (normally I would use dimensionals but I was all out). All in all, it took less time to make the box then it did to watercolor the images. :) But they did turn out stinkin' cute and were so worth the effort!

Images copyright ElzyBellsNA and Stampin' Up!. Stamps used: Reindeer Star and A Winter Song stamps by ElzyBellsNA, Cute Converse (retired). Paper: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Whisper White. Ink: Black StazOn. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Vintage brads, Rounded Tab Punch, Blender Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, foam mounting tape, Crop-a-Dile.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for a great idea! I love your box and those stamps are adorable! aloha, teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmiwerd! These are sooo cute and seem so easy! Your coloring is impeccable as well- thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These boxes are so cute! Thanks so much for posting the template...this is a box that I can actually do, LOL! Thanks Danielle! Love your ElzyBells:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)