Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Family of Snow People

It's been posted! The list of stamps that will be retiring from the Stampin' Up! catalog at the end of this year. A few of my favorites made the list: Cold Play, It's Snow Time, Autumn Fest, Letterpress Alphabet and Typeset Alphabet. I've added a couple links below if you would like to check out what is retiring:

The Retiring List (Alphabetical Order)
The Retiring List (By Page Number)

After January 1st these sets will no longer be available to order through Stampin' Up!. I'm a little sad to see some of these sets go, but am also excited to see what will be replacing them!

Of course as soon as I saw the list I knew I would have to pull these sets out of my stack and make a couple of cards with them. :) The first card uses the Cold Play stamp set... which I love to use to build snow people. This time I made a whole family of them. For the baby snowman I used the end of the stick arm to create a couple of stubs and then drew fingers with a marker. Mom and dad do have two arms each you just can't see them because well they are occupied with other tasks. Ya know... dad is scratching his snowy rear and mom is searching in her pocket for a tissue to wipe Junior's nose with... cause he's snotty. :)

Other notes: Liquid Applique was applied to the bottom of the main image and then dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter before being heated with a Heat Tool until it puffed up. The hat was stamped with Black StazOn on Whisper White and then colored with markers. The scarf stamp was colored with markers and then stamped on Whisper White. The hat and scarf were cut out and adhered to the snow people with dimensional tape.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamp sets: Cold Play (retiring), Circle of Friendship. Paper: Soft Sky, Bravo Burgundy, Naturals White, Whisper White, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding 6" x 6" pad. Ink: Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa Black StazOn, Tempting Turquoise, Close to Cocoa and Bravo Burgundy markers. Other: Liquid Applique, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 1" circle punch, Cranberry Crisp stitched ribbon (retired), Scotch Foam Mounting Tape (I miss my dimensionals!), Heat Tool.

I also pulled out the much neglected Double-Line Doodles set and made a simple Thank You card. I will say that I went a little crazy with the glitter on the flowers, but they turned out really cute (and much nicer in real life than this picture I took).

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Sets used: Double-Line Doodles (retiring), Sincere Salutations. Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Chocolate Chip, Naturals White, Whisper White. Ink; Lavender Lace, Chocolate Chip, Lavender Lace Marker, VersaMark. Other: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Heat n' Stick Powder, Heat Tool, Silver brads, Small Corner Rounder, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Stampin' dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)